Important Birthday Party Need to Know Facts
• All parties are non-refundable
• If there is a situation, such as inclement weather, that requires the Museum to close you will be given the option to reschedule or receive a refund
• You may print your invitations online or you may pick up postcard invitations at the Museum
• The number of postcards available depends on your party package
• Click here to print birthday invitations. The file is password protected – Password is “cake”
• In addition to the tables, stools and a custom throne, the party room includes a refrigerator/freezer, sink and counter space
• The accommodations are only available during the 90 minutes of your party
• Bring a cooler/ice chest if you need to keep anything chilled before or after your designated party time. Staff cannot hold food items before or after the party
May I bring my own food?
• Everything must be served inside the party rooms and may not be taken out into the Museum Commons eating area
Please note that birthday parties (balloons, decorations, gifts, etc.) are not allowed in the Commons Area.
• We do not provide utensils, plates, napkins, cups, candles or lighters
May I bring in extra decorations?
Yes, but to protect our wall murals, we do not allow anything to be taped, tacked or hung on the party room walls.
• We recommend tabletop decorations
• You will be charged for repairs if there is damage to the party room
Ending your party
• A Museum staff member will contact the party host 15 minutes before the end of your party to give you the kids’ coupons for a free future Museum visit
• Allow enough time to gather your things and clean up so you are ready to leave promptly at the end of your designated time. A Museum staff member will let you know when it is near the end of your time in the room
• Dispose of all of your garbage in the receptacle, wipe the tables down and remember to take any items you placed in the refrigerator/freezer
Hosting hints for success
• Only invite the number of guests allowed for your party size. (Remember that you and your family are included in this count.)
• If your party goes above this limit you will be charged general admission for each additional guest. General admission is charged for each person over the 25-or 50-person count; once a Bash is more than 5 people over, an upgrade to the BIG Bash package is required.
• Memberships cannot be used towards birthday party admission.
• Every child must come (and leave) accompanied by an adult. There is a 1:6 adult/child ratio
• Let your daytime party guests know they can play in the Museum anytime during our normal business hours. They will need to check in at the front desk when they arrive. Children must be supervised by an adult at all times
• Museum staff will ask you when you would like us to make an announcement for your party on the loudspeaker. Your guests will be invited to join you in the party room downstairs