Part-Time Bilingual Educator (Spanish/English)
Reports to Education Manager. Imagine’s educators conduct enthusiastic, fun-filled, educational experiences for preschool and elementary school-aged children.
This is a part time position. Hours will vary, including evenings and weekends. Must speak and write Spanish and English fluently.
• Acts as a conduit for delivery of innovative and creative Museum programming by:
• Facilitating preschool STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) programs
• Maintaining records for grant-funded programs
• Presenting learning experiences to school and community groups both at Imagine and in schools and other venues as needed
• Learning curriculum for Imagine offerings
• Being responsible for the education equipment, curriculum boxes, inventories and designated Museum spaces
• Working in a team environment with Imagine staff to ensure program’s success
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Experience working with students ages 2-12
• Excellent classroom management skills and ability to work under pressure
• Voice projection, improvisational skills, and know-how to present information in an engaging and hands-on manner
• Demonstrates initiative, creative problem-solving and good organizational and time-management skills
• Must have a reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, clean driving record and auto insurance covering bodily injury and property damage
• Ability to lift, carry and move heavy objects, use stairs and adapt to floor or table activities
Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary/Early Childhood Education or equivalent informal training in education and sufficient experience in teaching
or involvement in children’s interactive informal programming or related experience.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Imagine Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE