Imagine Children’s Museum is seeking a part-time Graphic Designer with minimum of 3 years graphic design experience. This position is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, editing, producing and trafficking Museum communications materials in support of the organization’s work including marketing, development, exhibits and events departments. This is a diverse role where the graphic designer will be working on several different projects at a time. It is required that the designer has a strong design background specializing in layout and typography.
• Museum’s website management and maintenance
• Design of newsletter, e-news, signage, collateral marketing and advertising projects
• Manage image and asset library, including categorizing and keywords
• Help with projects in support of Museum marketing, communications, and sales initiatives
• Ensure all communications are consistent with the Museum’s brand and graphic standards
• Assist in managing social media presence for the organization, which includes writing and posting
• Ensure effective delivery of the Museum’s vision, mission and brand throughout all social media outlets
• Photography, video, and illustration skills for design materials are a plus
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS NECESSARY AND PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF
• Advanced knowledge of CC Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is required
• Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Hootsuite
• Knowledge of WordPress
• Broad based graphics and production knowledge — ability to work with print houses, designers, etc.
• Strong iMac/PC technology skills and ability to learn new technology quickly
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Strong Microsoft Office products knowledge with emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Proofreading and editing skills
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a high level of accuracy
Reports to Director of Communications
Hours:Part-time. Hours will vary. Most hours are between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., however schedule may be modified to meet the needs of the organization.
Send resume, portfolio link or PDF’s, salary requirement and cover letter (including minimum salary requirement) explaining your interest in the position via email or Fax 425/258-5406. Applicants missing any required components (resume, portfolio, cover letter or salary requirement) will not be considered.
Imagine Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE