Discovery Club Summer Employment
Imagine Children’s Museum is seeking dynamic college students to provide support during this summer’sDiscovery Club Literacy Program. The individuals who are selected for this program will work directly with early elementary school students, acting as role models and leaders throughout the eight-‐week long program.
You must be available every Monday through Thursday from July – August
8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.,plus one day of training in June, date and time to be determined. There are no exceptions. If you will not be available during program days, please do not apply.
Successful applicants will learn important classroom management and team building skills. They will practice teaching lessons and leading activities with small and sometimes large groups and will assist educators with serving meals and supervising recess. They will also become a part of a strong education team. This is a great opportunity for students who are considering a career working with children.
For consideration in this program, you must:
• Love working with children in 2nd and 3rd grade
• Be dependable and responsible
• Be able to follow directions and act in a leadership role with children
• Have a professional appearance (no visible tattoos or body/facial piercings and have a natural hair color)
• Be collaborative and able to take constructive criticism and apply it to work
• Have the ability to maintain a high level of energy and physical activity for up to 8 hours per day
• Be able to pass a background check
• Be able to climb stairs and lift up to 25 pounds
To apply, please:
• Write a paragraph explaining why you are interested in this position
• Include three letters of recommendation from non‐family members who know your skills and abilities (e.g., teacher, youth leader, coach or employer)
• Complete application
• Submit all of the above to TeddyD@ImagineCM.org or mail to the address below:
Teddy Dillingham, Director of Educator
Imagine Children’s Museum
1502 Wall Street
Everett, WA 98201
Click here for job application
Imagine Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE