Part-Time Marketing PR Specialist
Imagine Children’s Museum is seeking an experienced part-time Marketing/PR Specialist. Under the direction of the Executive Director and Director of Communications the Marketing/PR Specialist will demonstrate an “all-in” and “do what it takes” work ethic and spirit. Qualified candidates must possess strong written and verbal communication skills as well as proven analytical and interpersonal skills. To be successful in this role, the candidate must possess a deep understanding of consumer marketing. Must have proven track record of affecting change through successful design and execution of PR/Marketing campaigns.
• Develop comprehensive marketing pla
• Planning publicity strategies and campaigns
• Writing and producing presentations and press releases
• Analyzing media coverage
• Commissioning or undertaking relevant market research
• Working on websites and social media and writing and/or producing presentations, reports, articles, leaflets, journals and brochures for both external and internal distribution.
• Be the last point of contact with Museum deliverables before they are published/distributed ensuring all formatting, aesthetics and content are in‐line with Museum standards and expectations
• Actively market and promote Museum news and project development, activities including formal press release distribution, article development / pitch, social media, etc.
• Ghost write articles on behalf of Museum/key employees
• Develop branded materials as needed
• Create the annual marketing plan
• Implement the annual marketing plan
• Continually evaluate the public relations strategy
• Ensure documents and marketing materials are current, accurate and properly reflect the brand and desired messaging
• Performs other duties as assigned which are in the best interests of the Museum
This description is meant to be an outline and is not intended to list all duties and responsibilities.
• Demonstrate ability to think creatively and independently
• Advanced design knowledge / experience
• Strong work ethic and motivation to succeed
• Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail necessary to prioritize multiple initiatives and projects
• Demonstrate a professional level of verbal, written and listening skills
• Ability to create and assemble attractive marketing materials
• Working knowledge of design and implementation software necessary for the job function (PPTX, Prezi, Word, PDF, MailChimp, Google Analytics, LinkedIn, Facebook, Adobe InDesign platform or Adobe CC, etc.)
• Ability to priorities and plan effectively
• Awareness of different media agendas
• Work well with a team
Reports to Executive Director and Director of Communications
Imagine Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE