Imagine Children’s Museum is seeking dynamic college students to provide support during this summer’s
Discovery Club Literacy Program. The individuals who are selected for this program will work directly with
early elementary school students, acting as role models and leaders throughout the eight-week long program.
You must be available every Monday through Thursday from June 30- August 22, plus two days of training
during the week of June 23. There are no exceptions. If you will not be available on all of these days,
please do not apply.
Students in this program will learn important classroom management and team building skills, practice
teaching lessons and leading activities with small and sometimes large groups, become a part of a strong
education team and receive a letter of recommendation at the end of the summer. This is a great opportunity
for students who are considering a career working with children.
For consideration in this program, you must:
• Love working with children 1st and 2nd grade
• Be dependable and responsible
• Be able to follow directions and act in a leadership role with children
• Have a professional appearance (e.g., no visible tattoos or body/facial piercings)
• Be collaborative and able to take constructive criticism and apply it to work
• Have the ability to maintain a high level of energy and physical activity for 6–8 hours per day
• Be able to pass a Washington State Background Check
• Be able to climb stairs and lift up to 25 pounds
To apply, please:
• Write a paragraph explaining why you are interested in this position
• Complete and submit the volunteer application
• Read and sign commitment form
• Include three letters of recommendation from non-family members who know your skills and abilities
(e.g., teacher, youth leader, coach or employer)
• Submit all of the above to email@example.com or mail to the below address before June 15, 2014.
Teddy Dillingham, Lead Educator
Imagine Children’s Museum
1502 Wall Street
Everett, WA 982011