Building and Exhibit Maintenance
Job status: Part-time
Imagine Children’s Museum is a non-profit organization located in Everett, WA. To learn more about the organization visit www.ImagineCM.org. We are seeking an exceptional individual with a wide range of skilled labor knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance, repairs, and routine maintenance on building, exhibits and grounds
- Inspect building, exhibits, and ground to help identify problems
- Assist in renovation and/or refurbishment of existing exhibits
- Ensure that exhibits and themed environments remain in premier condition on a daily basis
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to keep exhibits operating
- Be available to work evenings
- Be available to weekends when needed
- Be on-call for emergencies
- Oversee building maintenance and janitorial services
- Manage work teams consisting of volunteers, contractors, etc.
- Monitor items on the task list to ensure the facility continues to be in the best condition possible
- Other duties as assigned
Skills Necessary and Proven Track Record of:
- High attention to detail and be a hard worker
- General construction or prior facilities maintenance (a plus)
- Specialized experience with plumbing, electricity, or HVAC maintenance (a plus)
- Familiarity with common cleaning products and equipment
- Mechanical skills
- Ability to be flexible and work in an evolving environment
- Ability to work independently but also as a committed team player
- Experience working with tools, including hand and electrical tools
- Create an environment where positive thinking and attitudes are valued and expected
- Must have the physical ability and stamina to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Must have transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance as prescribed by ICM policy
- Ability to problem solve and maintain a positive attitude in challenging situation
- Possessing the ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to work in a variety of space (high, small, awkward, etc.)
- Knowledge of and ability to lift, carry and maneuver stairs and other unusual surfaces with heavy items.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Click here for job application
Imagine Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE