Deputy Director of Informal Learning and Exhibits
Imagine Children’s Museum is seeking an experienced Deputy Director of Informal Learning and Exhibits. The Deputy Director will work closely with the Executive Director and other members of staff to advance Imagine’s mission, plan and oversee the execution of exhibits and informal learning programs, and to meet the goals of Imagine’s strategic institutional plan. The Deputy Director must have an extensive working knowledge of and keep current on significant developments and trends in the fields of museum education and in the areas of child development and family learning.
The Deputy Director is an articulate advocate for the importance of play, informal learning, and Imagine Children’s Museum. The Deputy Director will also build strong committees internally and represent the Museum in strategic community committees or initiatives.
• The candidate must have five or more years of leadership experience in an arts/culture environment
• Designing and planning programs and experiences for diverse audiences.
• Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity and inclusion, and broadening access to informal learning for a broad public.
• Knowledge of current theory and practice in public programs, social practice, and informal learning.
• Must be skilled at strategic planning and execution, people management, needs assessment, and design, implementation, and evaluation of plans.
• Must have experience with early learning and elementary education.
• Prior managerial and budget management experience
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
• Must be skilled at strategic planning and execution.
For full consideration interested candidates should send a resume, with a cover letter, describing how your experience and qualifications relate to the position requirements.
Click here for job application
Imagine Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE