Director of Development
Imagine Children’s Museum is seeking a seasoned Director of Development. The Director of Development works closely with the Executive Director to oversee and manage all aspects of development department. The Director of Development must think strategically and practically to develop and implement a comprehensive and results-oriented development plan including goals, strategies, and timetables for annual fundraising, grants, and events. The Director of Development works collaboratively across the agency with directors, managers, and program staff to identify funding opportunities and build and maintain a culture of philanthropy. The Director of Development position is a full time salaried professional.
Essential Functions and Job Duties
• Develop and implement both short and long-term development plan to meet established goals and objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, strategic initiatives for securing major gifts, annual events and appeals, corporate and foundation grants, defining stewardship and prospecting tactics, cultivation events, and developing new approaches to grow donor base.
• Clearly articulate and promote a strong case of need for philanthropy and builds opportunities to create and sustain a culture of philanthropy.
• Oversees management of gift processing and donor acknowledgment, the donor database, and accountability reporting.
• Manages prospect research and cultivation initiatives with a special emphasis on pursuing strategies to secure or increase giving from donors.
• Develop strategies for existing donors to effectively move them through a meaningful cycle of giving.
• Meet regularly with the Executive Director regarding program goals and initiatives and when requested reports to the Board of Directors and appropriate committees.
• Write grants to support both programs and annual campaign
Education and Skills Required
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5-7+ years of increasing responsibility in for-profit and non-profit grant writing and/or fundraising. CFRE preferred. Knowledge of children’s museums a bonus.
• Demonstrate committed, professional leadership, articulate passion for Imagine’s mission, and exemplify a collaborative, decisive, motivating and engaging communication style.
• Proven track record of fundraising success, particularly by securing grants and gifts, successfully managing campaigns, and engaging a community of motivated supporters.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities in fast paced environment.
• Working knowledge of development best practices, trends in development, fundraising tools and technology, e-mail and online campaigns, and donor research.
• Extreme discretion, attention to detail, and a commitment to excellence.
• Deep appreciation and understanding of Imagine’s mission and the ability to articulate its values and vision internally and externally.
Wage and Benefit Summary
This position is a salaried, full-time position. Time flexibility is required, some weekend and evening work may be required at various times during the year. Salary is competitive.
This position includes the following benefits:
• Generous paid leave for sick and vacation
• Group medical benefits include medical, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability coverage.
• A 3% company match is contributed into a Simple IRA after 1 year of employment.
• Family membership to Imagine Children’s Museum
This position is exempt from overtime compensation.
Reports to Executive Director
Imagine Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE