This is a brand-new position for Imagine Children’s Museum, and we are looking for a super star. The ideal candidate will be experienced at all aspects of carrying out an event, from beginning to end, as well as skilled at making events FUN!
The position requires great flexibility, creative problem solving and the ability to independently manage multiple priority projects. Events will encompass everything from fundraising events to community events, both large and small. Events will include diverse audiences such as families with children ages 1-12, business professionals and/or donors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Independently plan and execute various events from start to finish
• Secure corporate sponsorships
• Assign and manage additional team members, as necessary, to projects according to area of expertise, skill sets and interests
• Maintain clear project plan and consistently manage teams and committees achieve execution excellence
• Develop and copy write event documentation and reporting
• Support process documentation and help develop, train and coach event staff and volunteers
• Maintain donor relationships
• Represent Imagine Children’s Museum with the utmost professionalism providing quality customer service while maintaining strong ethical work standards
• Basic selling/account management skills
Key Competencies & Skills:
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation
• Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
• Problem analysis and assessment
• Flexible, adaptable and reliable
• Proven experience as a program/events planner or organizer
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
• Ability to manage multiple projects independently
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• Data entry skills
• Planning and coordination of a program and its activities
• Ensuring implementation of policies and practices
• Maintaining budget and tracking expenditures/transactions
• Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
• Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda
• Keep updated records and create reports or proposals
• Must be able to bend and lift 30 lbs.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirement
Applicants missing any required components (resume, cover letter or salary requirement) will not be considered.
Click here for job application
Imagine Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE