Job status: Full time
Position reports to: Executive Director
The Exhibits Manager, in collaboration with the executive leadership team, is responsible for the management of new exhibit projects. The successful candidate possesses strong knowledge in universal design and exhibit fabrication. Administrative, organization, and advanced communication skills must be consistently practiced.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the research, conceptualization, creation, design, fabrication, and installation of new exhibits
- Manage renovation and/or refurbishment of existing exhibits
- Mange new exhibit fabrication projects from concept to installation including internal project management/owners’ rep work, as well as liaising with vendor project managers
- Ensure that exhibits and themed environments remain in premier condition daily
- Lead designers, fabricators, and installation contractors as needed on new exhibit builds or refurbishment projects
- Collaborate across departments on exhibit development, content, production, operation, accessibility, and ongoing maintenance
- Remains current in best practices and trends in exhibit development, experiential design, accessibility/inclusion, and exhibits management
- Be available to work evenings and weekends during exhibit change outs
- Be on-call for emergencies
- Manage work teams consisting of volunteers, contractors, etc.
- Project management
- Other duties as assigned
- Exhibit experience — preferably with a children’s museum or science center
- Ability to produce simple design sketches and drawings
- High level of creativity
- Take project from inception to completion
- Fabrication knowledge and basic construction skills
- High attention to detail and be a hard worker
- Ability to be flexible and work in an evolving environment
- Ability to work independently but also as a committed team player
- Create an environment where positive thinking and attitudes are valued and expected
- Must have the physical ability and stamina to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Must have transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance as prescribed by ICM policy
- Ability to problem solve and maintain a positive attitude in challenging situation
- Possessing the ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to work in a variety of space (high, small, awkward, etc.)
- Knowledge of and ability to lift, carry and maneuver stairs and other unusual surfaces with heavy items.
- Being highly organized and self-motivated with ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills
- Graphic design skills not required but an added plus
Salary Range: $25 – $40 per hour depending on experience. A candidate must have design and fabrication experience for the top end of the salary range. Preference given to candidates with children’s exhibit experience.
Click here for job application
Imagine Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE