Imagine Children’s Museum is seeking a seasoned fundraiser. The Fundraising Manager is responsible for securing fundraising events sponsorships, soliciting in-kind donations for auctions, and identifying, cultivating, and stewarding donors. Fundraising event management, from planning to execution, data management and post-event follow-up, is part of the Fundraising Manager’s responsibilities. The position also includes making cold and warm solicitation calls and will be responsible for building good relationships with prospective donors and clients across multiple sectors and communicating with the public and internal teams. Suitable candidates will be well organized, proactive and have the ability to inspire. We’re looking for someone who believes in the mission of Imagine and has an exceptional drive for furthering our fundraising efforts as well as strategizing and delivering on new ones.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Meet annual fundraising goals through gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Effectively convey the organization’s mission, vision, and programs to potential donors
- Secure fundraising event sponsorships and meet sponsorships goals.
- Organize fundraising events.
- Secure in-kind auction items.
- Identify, cultivate, ask and steward donors.
- Make personal calls to prospective donors.
- Help plan fundraising events.
- Oversee and execute fundraising events, including vendor management, data management, and sponsorships.
- Organizing and maintaining records, files, and databases
- Public speaking.
- Conduct research on fundraising opportunities.
- A desire to fundraise combined with demonstrated experience of meeting annual goals.
- Expert knowledge of fundraising.
- Strong Microsoft Office computer suite skills, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Working knowledge of fundraising databases is desirable.
- Self-directed project management skills. Efficient and detail oriented. Demonstrated skills for multi-tasking.
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills. Ability to speak in front of groups and convey information effectively. Personable, with ability to positively motivate others.
- Enjoys working independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to Imagine Children’s Museum Core Values.
- Handles confidential information in an appropriately professional and respectful manner.
- Strives for the highest levels of customer service.
- Problem solving skills including the ability to identify problems and find solutions.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3-5 years of successful fundraising experience
- Proven track record of successful fundraising, including meeting event goals and annual goals.
- Sound knowledge of the community
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in communications, business, public relations, or related field
- Certification, diploma, or similar qualification in fundraising
- Competence with donor management systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally lift and or move up to 30 pounds.
- Regularly required to climb stairs.
- Occasionally required to perform event set up, including moving tables and chairs, and occasionally ladders.
- Independent body mobility to access a standard office environment with shelves and drawers of varying heights.
- Vision sufficient to read a computer screen, 12 point and finer printed text, and handwritten documents.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard on a daily basis.
- Speak and hear sufficiently to communicate clearly in person, over the telephone, and in small groups.
- Mental stamina for problem solving and dealing with stressful situations; prioritizing multiple tasks; interpreting and applying oral/written instructions.
Salary range: $60,000 – $75,000 annually
Imagine Children’s Museum believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to the organization’s success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Send resume, cover letter and salary firstname.lastname@example.orgApplicants missing any required components (resume, cover letter or salary requirement) will not be considered. Email:
Click here for job application
Imagine Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE