Grant Writer – Full Time
Imagine Children’s Museum, a premiere non-profit children’s museum located in Everett Washington, is seeking a grant writer. The Grant Writer will be a key part of the philanthropy team to help Imagine reach its annual and capital fundraising goals.
The position is responsible for researching, writing, production, delivery, follow-up, evaluation and measurement functions of Imagine’s grant proposals to corporations and foundations. The Grant Writer will work closely with funders to determine giving priority alignment and must be able to effectively and persuasively articulate Imagine’s mission, vision and programs. An ideal candidate will be able to take ownership and initiative to ensure high-quality, effective and timely results.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Research and identify funders
• Learn Imagine’s programs in order to write effective, compelling grant proposals and write grant funding reports
• Write and submit LOI’s, grants and reports
• Manage timelines and ensure submissions meet all requirements
• Create and submit reports demonstrating use of funds and program outcomes
• Work with appropriate departments to collect supplementary materials to complete grant requests, interim and final reports
• Follow up with funders on request approvals and denials
• Document funder information in DonorPerfect
• 3+ years’ experience in non-profit grant writing
• Demonstrated ability to secure grant funding from corporations, foundations and government entities
• Ability to communicate confidently with funders, through writing and over the phone
• Excellent written and verbal skills; ability to take advice and revisions from other team members
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate effectively
• Experience with online databases and other sources for prospect research and funder documentation – DonorPerfect experience a plus
Submit a resume, cover letter, and three writing samples to employment@ImagineCM.org
Imagine Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE