Do you want to make a difference in the life of children and families? Come join the team at Imagine Children’s Museum. We are expanding our building and need to expand out staff as well.
Imagine Children’s Museum is a premiere children’s museum located in the heart of downtown Everett and serves more than 250,000 people annually. Imagine has the distinguished honor of being an American Alliance of Museums’ accredited institution.
Imagine is seeking an experienced marketing professional who can prepare a comprehensive marketing plan that promotes Imagine Children’s Museum brand, playful learning programs and community outreach, execute the plan, analyze, and adjust the plan for maximum efficacy. The position will ensure the effective delivery of the Museum’s vision, mission and brand through all media outlets and platforms. This position ensures the Museum’s brand is consistent across all platforms including but not limited to graphics, print collateral, website, and online posts. The work will result in increased attendance, membership, earned and contributed income. The position will use their marketing skills to provide leadership to the Museum’s events.
- Acts as and shapes the “internal voice” of all materials for external communication in the museum including press releases, eblasts, social media, publications, and website.
- Establishes and/or sustains key stakeholder relationships with the media.
- Establishes new partnerships and relationships for heightened public awareness, collaborative marketing
- Designs and implements a comprehensive marketing and public relations plan and appropriate marketing strategies and tactics
- Develops long- and short-term marketing and promotional calendar for the
- Museum in working with various internal teams to inform and attract the Museum’s visitors, members, and other audiences to rich, appealing, and exciting programs and exhibits.
- Seizes opportunities and new electronic means to keep the Museum on the forefront of this media and stakeholder audiences like schools, afterschool programs, parents, etc.
- Work effectively with as part of the Museum’s Communications team
- Rigorously monitors the effectiveness of marketing and promotional effort by carefully collecting and analyzing visitor data, membership data, program, and event bookings, daily attendance, school attendance etc. whether from the Museum’s existing database or new methods for collecting required data.
- Monitors ROI and audience demographics and develops strategies to direct marketing and use promotional resources to address changes and needs.
- Monitors ROI of all web-based activities and reviews related to the Museum including alerts, coverage and links by other sites, comments on rating sites such as Google Maps and TripAdvisor, etc.
- Establish and maintain responsibility for a marketing committee which includes outside volunteer professionals
- Passion for the mission, vision, and values of Imagine Children’s Museum
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2-5 years of marketing and communications experience
- Demonstrated success in marketing and communications on multiple platforms
- Ability to communicate effectively, efficiently and in the public eye
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of computer programs, specifically Word, Power Point and Excel, as well as, blogs, Constant Contact, Google products and all major social media platforms.
- Willingness to invent or try innovative ideas.
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements and why you want to work at Imagine Children’s Museum
Click here for job application
Imagine Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE