Reports to Education Director. ICM’s educators conduct enthusiastic, fun-filled, educational experiences for preschool and elementary school-aged children; Ensure that the contents of the program presentation outline are covered and ICM’s educational objectives are met; Represent ICM in a highly positive manner, keeping learning opportunities child-focused.
This is a part time position. Hours will vary, including evenings and weekends.
Acts as a conduit for delivery of innovative and creative Museum programming by:
• Presenting learning experiences to school and community groups both at ICM and in schools and other venues as needed.
• Learning curriculum for ICM offerings.
• Being responsible for the education equipment, curriculum boxes, inventories and designated Museum spaces.
• Participating as a member of the ICM team for the evaluation of the overall program experience.
• Completing and maintaining documentation relative to the effectiveness of learning experiences presented.
• Working in a team environment with ICM staff to ensure program’s success.
Maintains professional knowledge, skills and competence in areas of responsibility by:
• Reading current professional literature and journals.
Contributes to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the department and helps accomplish ICM’s success by:
• Adhering to ICM’s vision, policies and procedures and educational goals and objectives and standards.
• Maintaining positive relations with community agencies, school systems and individuals.
• Completing other job related duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Experience working with students ages 2-12
• Excellent classroom management skills and ability to work under pressure
• Voice projection, improvisational skills, and know-how to present information in an engaging and hands-on manner
• Demonstrates initiative, creative problem-solving and good organizational and time-management skills
• Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates ability to achieve expertise in ICM’s curriculum
• Demonstrates ability to use technology and proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Creates an environment where positive thinking and attitudes are valued and expected
• Embraces diversity
• Willingness to go the extra mile. Includes evenings and occasional weekends
• Must have a reliable car, valid driver’s license, clean driving record and auto insurance covering bodily injury and property damage
• Ability to check email daily
• Requires the physical ability and stamina to perform the essential functions of the position
• Ability to lift, carry and move heavy objects, use stairs and adapt to floor or table activities
The above level of knowledge, skills and abilities are normally acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education or equivalent informal training in education and sufficient experience in teaching or involvement in children’s interactive informal programming or related experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential job functions and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel occupying this position.
Send resume and cover letter (including minimum salary requirement) explaining your interest in the position via email or Fax 425-258-5406.
Applicants missing any required components (resume, cover letter or salary requirement) will not be considered.
Click here for job application
Imagine Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE