Important Birthday Party Need to Know Facts
• All parties are non-refundable
• If there is a situation, such as inclement weather, that requires the Museum to close you will be given the option to reschedule or receive a refund
• You may pick up postcard invitations at the Museum
• The number of postcards available depends on your party package
• You will have use of the stools and round tables in the Commons area, as well as two 8-foot tables and a custom birthday throne.
• In addition to the Commons area, you will have use of the kitchen, which includes a refrigerator/freezer, sink, microwave and counter space
May I bring my own food?
• Everything must be served in the Commons eating area and not taken into other parts of the Museum.
• We do not provide utensils, plates, napkins, cups, candles or lighters
May I bring in extra decorations?
Yes, but to protect our walls, we do not allow decorations to be taped, tacked or hung on the walls.
• We recommend tabletop decorations
• You will be charged for repairs if there is any damage
Ending your party
• A Museum staff member will contact the party host 15 minutes before the end of your party to give you the kids’ coupons for a free future Museum visit
• Allow enough time to gather your things and clean up so you are ready to leave promptly at the end of your designated time. A Museum staff member will let you know when it is near the end of your time
• Dispose of all of your garbage in the receptacle, wipe the tables down and remember to take any items you placed in the refrigerator/freezer
Hosting hints for success
• If booking the 5:30 time slot, you cannot enter the Museum any earlier than 5:30. If booking a later time slot, you can come in a few minutes early for set up.
• Only invite the number of guests allowed for your party size. (Remember that you and your family are included in this count.)
• If your party goes above this limit you will be charged half of general admission for each additional guest. *Memberships cannot be applied towards birthday party admissions
• Every child must come (and leave) accompanied by an adult. There is a 1:6 adult/child ratio