FREE Community Access Nights
Every Third Friday in 2024!
5 – 9 p.m.
Free admission for children ages 12 and under* and their families during these special hours: 5-9 p.m. on the third Friday of every month.
Imagine, explore and develop new skills with our playful learning exhibits!
The next Community Access Night is Friday, March 15, 2024 from 5 to 9 p.m.!
Community Access Nights are just one of the Museum’s many free programs supporting regional families as they strengthen bonds, promote new friendships, and spark creativity through playful learning.
With two floors full of interactive, hands-on exhibits, Imagine is a self-guided facility where fun inspires imaginations! Every interactive space promotes learning and healthy development through play, including:
- Puget Sound Ecosystem Gallery: Marvel at and gently touch the real gray whale skeleton or turn to our first-of-its-kind interactive digital exhibition on whale migration in the Pacific Ocean. Build model ecosystems in our augmented reality sand table or investigate the detail of local fauna and flora with durable digital microscopes
- Imagine Worldwide Distribution Gallery: Send packages up and down chutes while learning how goods are transported all around the world, providing a cutting-edge introduction to geography and our globally connected economy.
- Art Hangout: Develop creative skills and express yourself with art materials that you may not find at school or at home
- Tinker Shop: Spend special time together in a workshop with real woodworking tools, offering a magical space for mentorship and the development of self-confidence, problem solving and creativity.
- Engineer It! Learn about the design process and experiment with various engineering challenges in a 15’ wind tunnel.
- Import, Export, Our Port: Imagine being the captain of a tugboat, guiding big ships through our port waters.
- Woodlands Adventure: Go fishing, spot Bigfoot, and climb into the woodland canopy to visit the Birdwatching Tree House where you can discover the diversity of bird life in the Pacific Northwest.
- Wildlife Rescue: Make-believe you’re a veterinarian, caring for plush toy wild animals, with a pretend x-ray station and exam station – all designed to ignite children’s creative play and support career-connected learning.
While at Imagine Children’s Museum, don’t forget to swing by Divy’s Food Truck on the third floor, where you can purchase snacks and drinks that satisfy the whole family! Families looking for holiday gifts can shop at Adventure Toys, the Museum store, where award-winning games and toys are always in stock.
* Adults must be accompanied by a child age 1-12, and children must be accompanied by an adult age 18 or older (chronological ages apply).
Admission to this Community Access Night is free. Doors open at 5 p.m. and remain open until 9 p.m. Imagine Children’s Museum is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Paid parking is available in the lots surrounding the Museum; please observe signs. Everpark Garage is located at 2815 Hoyt Avenue between Hewitt and California. Free street parking is also available around the Museum.