General Visit FAQs
IMPORTANT WHEN VISITING …
1. Adults must be 18 years of age or older.
2. Maximum of two adults can be listed on the membership card.
3. An adult named on the card must be present when children covered by the card visit the Museum.
4. During each visit there must be a minimum of 1 adult, 18 years of age or older, for every 6 children.
5. Photo ID may be required at check in.
6. Memberships are non-transferable, non-refundable.
7. Not valid for field trips or group visit discounts.
Yes; the Museum Store is accessible for shopping without paid admission to the exhibit areas.
* The Museum Store does not accept EBT cards.
- Free 90-minute street parking surrounds the Museum.
- We also have pay parking lots adjacent to the Museum and on Colby Avenue.
Parking fees are:
0-3 hours: $3.00
3-10 hours/all day: $8.00
After 6:00 p.m.: $3.00
Located at 2815 Hoyt Avenue between Hewitt and California
Parking in over 200 spaces is available free after 6:00 p.m. weekdays and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
The booth is not open for business during these hours.
- The Museum is equipped with elevators and many of our exhibit areas are wheelchair accessible. Handicap parking is available.
- Exhibits are designed for children chronological ages 1-12. The Seashore exhibit is designed specifically for toddlers up to three years.
- No; all children are required to be accompanied by an adult (18+) at all times while inside the Museum. There must be one adult present for every six children.
- Members are invited to take advantage of Member Hours on Saturdays from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Generally, late weekday afternoons tend to be least crowded, but this may not be the case during holiday breaks and other days when area schools are closed.
- Food and beverages will be allowed in lower-level Commons Area, outside of the Art Studio, during Museum open hours. Food and beverages are NOT allowed on the exhibit floors or rooftop play area.
- For the safety of our guests, strollers are not permitted on the Museum floor. Please leave your stroller in your vehicle. A limited amount of infant carriers and back packs are available for use at the front desk, or you may bring your own.